Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Final Countdown

Today begins the countdown to the end of my 20's. Six months from now, I will be 30. It's my unbirthday. I'm not too worried about it at the moment. I've sent out a few forerunners, and they say it ain't so bad.

Nonetheless


If you feel so inclined, you can start saving for gifts. I will get a wishlist going soon. But know that I like things that shine and sparkle. And things that involve plane tickets. So yeah- saving up would be appreciated.

And could someone get on a countdown chain? You know, rip one off each day till the Big Day. That'd be great. Thanks.

After all, it's my birthday.

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Plan on Thailand next summer. It will be a celebration of the 30 Club, plus I will be a full-fledged Doctor. Two reasons to celebrate!

user said...

Your thirties will be even better than your twenties! I love my thirties so far, although I am a little freaked by the prospect of entering my "mid" thirties soon. "Early Thirties" is one thing; "Mid Thirties"...eh, I might have to reassess my enthusiasm for this decade of life.

Do you have something fabulous planned for your big day?

(And yes, I believe Thailand would qualify as fabulous!)

becky said...

As a "forerunner" I would reccommend that you not be left unattended the week OF... I was left to my own whims of fancy without a friend near enough to knock some sense into me, and now I am sporting the shortest haircut of my life -and have been forced to spend oodles of money on hair "product" to keep me from looking like my brothers- because seriously, I think their hair is longer than mine!! bright side -I have a "travel certificate" good to any place of my choosing... I had thought about a relaxing spa getaway in Mexico- until you enlightened me... any ideas or traveling buddies are much appreciated! =)

Maursupial said...

Yeah, I'm working on that birthday paper chain AS WE SPEAK!! You know me. . . I can't get enough of construction paper and glitter glue.

Jillian said...

Oh Becky....I wish I had been able to have been there for you! I would have totally gone out of my way to stop the chop!

We really do need to revisit the vacation plan!