Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Year of NO




At the beginning of the year, (calendar year, not school year) I made a decision to stop doing the 9,672 different things that had me feeling like I was being pulled in um-teen different directions. To all new responsibilities....I say NO. It seemed like a pretty simple plan.

Already, The Year of NO, is not off to a very good start. System seems to have fallen apart. I attribute this to a number of things. None of the least of which is that it is selfish in it's inception, but whatever. It appears that I have just been hustled into doing a presentation to the faculty at my school on a book that I HAVE NOT READ.

And did I mention that said presentation is TOMORROW? Yeah- this should be good. Nothing could go wrong with this plan. Flawless. Fool proof. G-R-E-A-T.

No comments: