Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Insensitivity Knows No Bounds

As I was driving home the other day, I noticed something that I found mildly disturbing. Three of the four cars ahead of me at a red light had window stickers with some variation of, "In memory of ___" followed by the birth and death dates of a loved one.

I started to wonder if my disdain for said window stickers is insensitive, but I don't think so. They are tacky and they seem to be EVERYWHERE. My grandma passed a few months ago, and while I could not love her more, I don't forsee any window stickers in her honor....even though she was a smokin' hot babe.


I don't think she would like that anyway. And for the record, if I croak, (I don't mean to be morbid....I don't plan on it anytime soon, but just so ya know) you don't have to feel obligated to make me a window sticker. A shrinky-dink however, that'd be cool. Make me into a shrinky-dink while you are having an eggroll and diet coke and consider my memory sufficiently honored.

Anyhow-speaking of old family pictures....this is my mom.


And this super fox....
That's me. Yeah- I got it from my momma. It really blows my mind how similar we looked as kids. Pretty sure I still make that face on a regular basis. Man, I loved that dress.

1 comment:

Maursupial said...

Dodger blue, through and through. . . That's how I roll too! For the record, you make that face ALL OF THE DAMN TIME!!