Friday, August 13, 2010

FYI- Friday

1) The first week of school nearly killed me. Seriously. Nearly killed me dead. Not like I'm saying that I've never fallen asleep in my classroom before, but after school I rest my chin in my hands around 3:15pm and was sheepishly caught napping by the janitor around 4:00pm. No recollection of the 45 minutes in between.

2)Due to a friend who refuses to allow me to be the shut in that I would naturally become otherwise, I will be at the Hollywood Bowl tomorrow with him...













There will be swooning, weakened knees and possibly squealing.

3) I came across one of my favorite pictures of my niece...she is much older now, but this will probably always be my favorite picture of her.

4) I woke up this morning, absolutely wrapped like a mummy in my sheets. And I'm talkin' a tight mummy wrap. No idea how that happened. It was quite possibly the worst night of sleep that I have had in recent history.

and that leads us to the fact that ...

5) It's 7:46pm on a Friday night and I am totally contemplating going to bed. Oh- and my dog has shaved arm pits. I know that has nothing to do with me being pathetic and going to bed at 8pm on a Friday night, but who makes a list of 6?

Try not to be jealous of my rockstar lifestyle.

7 comments:

Maursupial said...

Possible squealing? I think it's guaranteed squealing. Plus I'm jealous. I've been in love with Mr. Connick since I was about 17 years old. I'm not going to say how long that is.

Rachael said...

That is so how I remember Jessica! So cute...
Shaved armpits? Are you really THAT bored when you have insomnia???

Jillian said...

Isn't that photo cute! Totally shows her personality, that has not changed one little bit!

Hahahah no- shaving my dogs armpits was not an Ambien induced activity, while I can't say that I haven't done equally idiotic things, in the past.

My poor dog has just been a bit neglected this summer...you would think it was because I was traveling, but it was mostly due to my own laziness. His pits were all matted and rather than torture him....the groomer just shaved them. You really can't tell unless you stand him up and make him walk on two legs:)

And because I think it's pretty funny...it happens more often than you'd think.

Jennifer said...

Jessica still makes funny faces in every picture I take!!! I sure love her and all her silliness!!sp??

How was Harry?

Jillian said...

Jessica is a cook. I don't think she will grow out of that face. It's like that Dodger pic or my pic from kindergarten. I look at them and still think, yeah- I still make that face on a regular basis.

Harry will require a phone call. Mostly because I am too lazy to write about the rooster dance, the lesbians gettin' busy in the seats next to us and the people smoking weed in the bushes.

All in all...I think a good time was had by all.

Obviously, some had more of a good time than others.

In the Hartland said...

Well, since we do NOT have the option of getting bad traffic or choking smog all over us, we turn to nature as a second best option. Such a sarcastic, sassy, salty piece of trash you are!! This is why I love you.
Can't believe you are already back in school. Ugh. My condolences. I always remembered that first week or two of school killing both me and my feet. Good luck!
PS...love, love, LOVE the new pic of you riding your bike. Where is that taken???

Jillian said...

Hey Lisa, Thanks...that picture was actually taken in the courtyard outside the Louvre. I figured hey, we're in France. Why not embrace the obnoxious American stereotype?