Friday, May 15, 2009

Queen of Indecision

I don't do change well. I don't like it. I don't thrive on it. I don't thirst and hunger for the excitement of it. I may go as far as to say that I hate it. I'm sure a therapist could get to the bottom of my issues, but I think that a fear of failure (or screwing up) is at the root of it. Perhaps, it is just an issue of dealing with the devil's you know.

As a result, I find myself trapped in a world of indecision. Too many options to screw the pooch and I don't want to be the one to blame when the proverbial crap hits the fan. What if this happens? What if that does? What if I choose wrong and am doomed to a life of misery and misfortune? So...I stay where I am. Not terribly happy but not terribly sad. Just beige.

Indecision...I am your Queen. Feel free to bow and courtesy before me.

I deserve a tiara.

4 comments:

Maursupial said...

I was going to post something witty here, but I couldn't decide what to say. Maybe I'm your court jester. It's way cooler to be the queen.

Tera said...

My baby doesn't like change either. He'd rather sit in his poopy diaper than be changed. Go figure!

Tricia Bagley said...

I like change, depending of course what it is. I've been living in Utah for 6 years now and I'm DYING to live somewhere new, I honestly don't care where! I know you'll say it's because I'm in Utah, but I'd feel the same if it was the A.V. or any other place. Good luck with your decision but I'd say MOVE!

Sparklebot said...

I think you should be talking to the woMan in the mirror. You're asking her to make a change. Your message can't be any clearer.

Move to DC. I need more friends here. You can teach in Fairfax County, VA--one of the highest paying school districts in the U.S.