Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Be Like Barack


A record of an actual conversation that I had with a student today while I was holding my door open, just a few seconds before the tardy bell was to ring.

I looked over to see a student dancing around in the quad, singing some unrecognizable song-ish type chant and basically flailing about aimlessly. I said, "Hey (Insert student name here. I don't want to use his real name and you wouldn't believe me anyway.) Why don't you go to class and learn something?"

From the top of his lungs he shouts, "I don't have to learn anything. I can be president now!"

"Awesome. Good luck with that."

2 comments:

Maursupial said...

I guessed he missed the part about Obama being reeeeeeeally well educated and smart. Hmmmm. Why have we been edumacating white boys for so long?

Jillian said...

He must have been absent that day.

It was great though. Immediately after the words escaped his mouth, he realized the idiocy of what he had just said. He promptly straightened up and said, "Yeah- I'm going to class."